Monday, October 31, 2011

Hello old friends and welcome new friends

I have decided to update and move my blog as there are some big changes happening in my life and the lives of our family. There will be lots more to come on this over the next few weeks.

I am currently pulling my hair out and stressing a lot. There is just so much to do, sort, and remember! I have been losing many nights sleep wondering what the heck we are doing and is it all going to work out. My house is a MESS! I didn't realise how much toys, books, clothes, linen, kitchen ware, craft and junk (lots of junk) we owned. It appears I have been very good at hiding things away to look tidy and organised. But truth is all I have done is hide it from myself.

With the unknown comes the familiar return of an old friend. Anxiety. It has taken me a few weeks to figure it out (how quickly we forget). Nausea, dizziness, sweating hands, racing mind, temple headaches, lying awake for hours in the middle of the night, stomach turning flips. Sadly stress and I can't seem to live hand in hand all that well. Pressure turns me into a startled owl, flinching at every loud noise. I was once told that the body cannot withstand stress and anxiety for more than 5 to 6 hours straight. I must now say that I disagree. I feel like I have been living in this same state since we made our decision to completely change our lives 3 weeks ago. It's like being caught in a storm knowing that at some stage it has to end but being completely battered while you endure it.

I know we will be fine and it will eventually settle down and be exciting. Stress seems to be a good diet on the plus side. Seems one thing I don't feel like right now is eating. My mind is SO consumed with how, what, when, how and why that food seems to rate about the bottom of the list. Which reminds me I really should get back to today's task before the Husband arrives home and see's I decided to blog instead. 

I have missed you, dear blog, and all my blog land friends. I am hoping that I can find somewhere to record our BIG decision over the next few weeks, months and (I'm sure) years. I am in desperate need of some respite and safety to get my spinning thoughts down and you dear blog shall help me, as you have before.

11 comments:

  1. Oooh...a new blog for a new beginning! I like it!

    Sucks about the stress. I have been there. It will be okay. :) I can feel it in my bones.

    Of course I am not there to offer any practical help, but you know I am cheering you on BIG time. You are going to ROCK this decision. Great things are ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen! I knew I could count on you for great advice and to be my first follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're feeling anxiety. I've dealt with that too, and it can be so hard to overcome (at least for me). Pray that you feel peace soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess
    hoping you feel less stress soon!
    love the new look xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jess - hoping the stress will pass soon. I know exactly what you mean (well I wish it had lasted longer than two days for me - would have lost a bit more weight) New blog looks great - sometimes it's good to change things up especially when you're going through some life changes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you lovely ladies. Glad you found me and even better that you like the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll be all good Baby, I looking out for ya hUn

    ReplyDelete
  8. New blog is looking great! Sorry to hear about the anxiety - I just know it'll work out in the end - it's the getting there that's the tough part! You are strong!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo i can now stalk you on here and on facebook YAY am looking forward to hearing how it all goes over there.........

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your family will all be ok! You are in good hands. After the stress comes the calm....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blog,sis :) you gonna be okay and you got Auntie Carol and all them to help you out and we are always here :) too love you .just remember your strong and you been through worse things than this.And got through it :) I believe in you sweetie.you such a beautiful intelligent women xxx and I'm proud to call you my big sister

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know you have visited me, so leave me a comment :)