I tried to develop different methods for passing the tedious thirty minutes of standing in front of the stove (although some husbands have been known to say this is the rightful place of a wife!)
I have tried my favourite CD to listen to, movie or TV drama but it is still thirty minutes of standing and hoping that you get it just right.
So I thought there must be a better way??
And I found it!
Here is my recipe for Microwave Russian fudge:
The first thing is a LARGE bowl or jug - I used to use a pyrex 2 litre jug but now I use the bottom of my Tupperware stack cooker (3 litre) and lid.
3 cups white sugar
1/2 tin condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1 Tablespoon golden syrup
pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients into a LARGE microwave bowl.
- Stir to mix and cook on high (I do 80% for my Tupperware bowl) for 12-15 minutes stirring every 3 minutes, So I just do 3 minutes stir, another 3 minutes etc, until it is golden and thickening.
- Beat with electric beaters until thick.
- Pour into a well greased slice of square pan.
- Set aside to cool and set - if the temp is warm pop it in the fridge.
WARNING! Russian Fudge is highly delicious and you may be caught eating far more than you should....