Saturday, November 10, 2012

I'm coming home NZ!


This time next week we will be on a plane on our way back to New Zealand. I have mixed feeling about this and it is hard to put into words. I have come to love our little rural New South Wales town as home and have really found a natural groove over here.
But... it's not where my heart is and as the saying goes 'home is where the heart is'.

We have made some amazing friends and met fabulous people here in Australia but nothing equals the tidal pull of your family. With some big family events and hard times also on the horizon the need to be near family strengthens more.

Talking with friends the other day about how they have decided to make the move back {after five year in this land of the lucky} makes you realise that even time doesn't numb the need for home.
We have had a reasonably hard year with my health and having no family or close family friends has been incredibly difficult. There have been plenty of days where I wished I could have had someone take the kids for a weekend, or cook us a meal, or come and do the housework.

There are so many things happening in New Zealand that we have missed. There are upcoming weddings, babies, graduations, Grandparents getting older, and the likes yet to come. Some days I wonder what we were thinking moving over here to do it all ourselves start a better life.
I have coped by being an emotional bottler. I don't let myself get worked up or lost in the emotion of loss and missing people. I don't write letters, emails, texts or make phone calls. I'm sure I come across cold and heartless but its a coping mechanism to keep myself from feeling the pain of reality.

I am looking forward to next Saturday, walking off that plane and seeing the people who I sometimes try to forget. I can feel the pain of having missed them in the comfort of their presence. I am looking forward to catching up on everything I have missed and slipping back in to the spot that I know they can't fill without me.

Look out New Zealand these five crazy ditch hoppers have had some sense knocked into them and are coming home!
Goody, Goody, Gumdrops icecream
Tip top ice creams
Toffeepops
Eskimo Lollies
Krispie Biscuits (plain and choc coated)
ETA chips
Krispa Chicken Corn Chips
Reduced Cream Onion Dip
Mallowpuffs
Cameo cremes (mint)
Griffins biscuits in general
Export Gold
Tui
And so much more...
{Hmmmm Round 4 12WBT is going to need to kick my bum! I do not need this food, I do not need this food!)



BUT Sydney we will see you again........
A week later!

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, I could have written this post! Wish we could go home. Home is definitely where the heart is!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know you have visited me, so leave me a comment :)